• If you’re a Postpaid subscriber and got your line in 2014, the Postpaid accounts’ data roaming is turned OFF. To activate:
1. For plans above MSF800: simply call the toll-free roaming hotline to activate
2. For plans MSF800 and below:
Pay roaming deposit of P2500 and submit IR-related documents
Option to keep the roaming deposit in account for future roaming activities, or as credit to current account to be reflected as bills payment but sub has to pay P2500 again when he roams in the future
• It is possible that your mobile unit’s APN settings are not aligned with the network settings. To align:
1. Upon arrival at your destination, turn your phone OFF and then ON for location update.
2. Upon location update, you will receive a welcome text notification from Smart and phone signal will become evident on your phone monitor.
3. In case turning it OFF and ON does not result to location update, perform a hard reset by removing your mobile phone’s battery then turning it ON again.
4. If you can’t use the data roaming feature
Settings > Cellular Data> ON
Then you may toggle Data Roaming>ON
5. If you performed step#4 and still can’t use your data roaming feature
Handset is an iPhone or IPAD: you may download this link through Wi-Fi connection to update phone settings and allow data roaming: http://bit.ly/SMARTAPN
Handset is an Android or Blackberry:
• Settings> More Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point names
• Click the “+” button or add APN: at “Name”, please input “LTE” and at APN, please input “SMARTLTE”, then press “back” and select the newly created APN.