To make sure that you have the best mobile experience with Smart, make sure to upgrade to an LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM.
Existing Smart, Smart Bro, TNT, Sun, and SBW subscribers can upgrade their SIM for only P10.00.
Here are the steps to upgrade your SIM:
Insert the LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM in your device and dial *123# to start the upgrade/ activation.
Wait for the SMS instruction from 3723. Reply to the message with your mobile number.
Wait for the confirmation message and select your preferred transaction from the menu list.
1.) Activate SIM
2.) Upgrade to LTE/ 5G
3.) Activate MNP SIM & Other Services
Type 2 Upgrade to LTE/ 5G and press SEND.
Enter your 11-digit mobile number and press SEND.
Wait for the confirmation message regarding your SIM upgrade. Refrain from using your phone for at least 15mins. A text confirmation will be sent to you once the upgrade is completed.
Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions you should know about upgrading your SIM:
What is an LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM?
LTE/5G Upgrade SIM allows existing Smart, Smart Bro, TNT, Sun, and SBW subscribers to upgrade their SIM to LTE for only P10.00.
Where can I get a Smart Prepaid 5G-Ready SIM?
- Prepaid: Smart Prepaid and TNT 5G-ready SIMs are available nationwide in retail stores Smart Store Online, and Smart Stores near you.
- Postpaid: All Smart Signature Plans are 5G-ready
I have an LTE SIM now; do I need to replace it with a 5G Ready SIM?
No, all current Smart 4G/LTE SIMs are 5G ready. To check if your SIM is 4G/LTE-enabled, text SIMCHECK to 5832, for FREE.
- Subscribers with non-LTE SIMs may upgrade their SIMs through the following:
- Assisted upgrade in all Smart Stores. Upgrade service is free of cost.
- Update anytime anywhere with the LTE/5G Upgrade SIM. Available in retail stores near you, Smart Store Online, and Smart Stores
What are the benefits of upgrading my SIM to LTE or 5G?
- Keep your current mobile number when you upgrade your SIM to 5G.
- Experience the Philippines’ Fastest Mobile Data Network, awarded by Ookla®
- Enjoy FREE FB, IG, TikTok, and Twitter for 30 days, at 1GB per day.
Based on analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data for 2020. Ookla® trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.
Is there a way to check if my SIM is LTE or 5G-ready?
Yes. To check if your SIM is LTE or 5G-ready, simply text SIMCHECK to 5832 for FREE.
How do I upgrade my SIM using the LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM?
- Turn off your phone. Remove your old SIM and replace it with the 5G Upgrade SIM.
- Turn on phone and wait for the SMS instruction from 3723. Reply to the message with your mobile number.
- Wait for the SMS confirmation. Do not use your phone for at least 15 minutes.
- Restart your phone to complete the SIM upgrade process
Can I use any mobile number format?
You can use any of the following number formats:
I entered the incorrect mobile number multiple times. Will I be blocked?
No, your LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM will not be blocked if you reach the maximum five (5) retries. However, you will be asked to retry transaction after 24 hours.
What happens if I didn’t reply to the SMS instruction?
If you didn’t reply with your mobile number within two (2) minutes, you will receive two messages:
- From Smart: “We did not receive your mobile number. Please try again or call *888 for assistance.”
- From 3723: “To proceed with SIM upgrade, reply to this message with your mobile number (ex 09181234567). Gentle reminder to use your current phone for this process. Thank you!
I am currently using a dual-SIM phone, can I insert the LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM in any SIM slot?
If your phone supports dual SIM, please insert the LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM in the same SIM slot where your old SIM was originally placed.
I inserted the LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM on my new phone but I’m not getting any signal, what do I do?
For the new SIM upgrade process to work on your new phone, please ensure to follow these steps:
- Insert your old SIM on the new phone.
- Turn on your phone and wait for the signal bar to appear.
- Once signal bar appears, turn off your phone and remove the old SIM card.
- Insert the LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM and follow the on-screen instructions.
Are there other ways of upgrading my SIM to LTE?
Yes, you may visit any Smart Store to have your active non-LTE SIM replaced with an LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM. Please make sure that you have your active non-LTE SIM with you to claim your FREE LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM.
You can also get it from the Smart Online Store for only P50.00 which comes with a Smart P50 load card. Here’s how:
- Visit the Smart Online Store.
- Order a Smart LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM.
- Complete your order, delivery information, and payment1.
- Your new LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM and Smart P50 load card will be delivered to your stated delivery address.
1Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, Cash-On-Delivery, Online Banking, OTC Bank, OTC Non-Bank
Note: COD currently unavailable during ECQ period.
I had an old Smart Prepaid SIM, and I want to use the same number. Is that possible?
No. This is not allowed since you can only trigger an SIM upgrade from a working SIM.
I already inserted the LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM on my phone, but my transactions are failing, what should I do?
Please ensure first that you do the following:
- Input the correct mobile number.
- Make sure you insert the LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM on your current phone and/or SIM slot.
- Upgrading the correct type of SIM card. The LTE/5G-Ready Upgrade SIM only works on Smart Prepaid, Smart Postpaid, TNT, Sun Prepaid, Sun Postpaid, Smart Bro Prepaid, and SBW Prepaid SIMs.
I was able to successfully upgrade my SIM to LTE. However, I didn’t get the data freebie, what should I do?
Your FREE FB, IG, TikTok, and Twitter for 30 days will be credited within 24 hours upon successful SIM upgrade, at 1GB per day.
I am already using an LTE SIM. Will I be able to get the data freebie?
No, the data freebie is available to first time SIM upgraders only.
I already upgraded my SIM to 5G, but I am not getting an 5G signal. What should I do?
To experience Smart 5G speeds, make sure you have SPD!
- SIM: Check if your SIM is 5G-ready. Text SIMCHECK to 5832 for free.
- Place: Find out if your area has LTE or 5G coverage. Visit 5g.smart to know more.
- Device: Ensure that you are using a Smart 5G-Certified phone. If you are, set your mobile data to 4G/LTE/5G.