[30 October 2017] Observing Undas can be challenging, what with the throngs of people making their way to cemeteries to pay respects to departed loved ones. With the help of mobile technology, however, it can be a lot more manageable and stress-free for you and your family. Here are 5 Smart tips to help you gear up for this year’s Undas:
1. Load up for emergency communications. Be sure you have enough load to communicate with your loved ones especially for emergency situations. With millions going in and out of the cemetery, there’s a chance you’ll break away from your group, so make sure you have the means to get in touch with them. To assist and provide subscribers with mobile services, Smart is also setting up service booths in cemeteries, transport terminals, and public markets all over the country.
2. Navigate with Waze and stay updated with road advisories. Making your way to the cemetery is so much easier with Waze, an app that lets you find the shortest route to your destination. The crowdsourcing app also features real-time road alerts from fellow commuters for greater convenience. Moreover, don’t forget to follow the official social media accounts of news organizations, government agencies, and tollways and transport service providers on Facebook and Twitter for real-time updates on traffic, road closures, mishaps, rerouting, and trip schedules.
3. Bring a portable power bank. Before leaving your house, make sure you have fully charged your phone and power bank so that you can enjoy mobile services the entire day. For better network coverage and faster mobile Internet, you can also swap your 3G SIM to an LTE SIM for free at your preferred Smart Store without changing your number, and slot it in you LTE-ready device. This way, you can enjoy optimum mobile connection wherever you go.
4. Keep the whole family connected on the road. Going on a long road trip to your home province? Enduring heavy traffic can be less of a burden for the whole family if you have a Smart Bro LTE Pocket WiFi, which lets you connect up to 5 devices, enough to keep everyone productive while traveling. With it, one can focus on navigating; another can keep relatives updated on your whereabouts; while kids can get their fill of educational videos or online games to keep them busy throughout the trip. With the Smart Bro LTE Pocket WiFi, you can register to SurfMax85, which comes with all-day surfing of up to 800MB per day, valid for two days, for only Php85. To register, simply text SURFMAX85 to 2200.
5. Share your precious moments in a special group chat with loved ones. Undas reunites families in celebrating the life of departed loved ones. For an easier way of collecting and sharing content on your family get-togethers, you may create a group chat where everyone can view and save your photos and videos. You can use top apps like Messenger, Telegram, Viber, or WhatsApp, and even include in your relatives abroad who could not make it to your gatherings.
For more ways to make the most of your mobile experience, follow Smart’s official accounts on Facebook (facebook.com/SmartCommunications), Twitter and Instagram (@LiveSmart).