[29 Oct 2020] As of 8am Philippine Standard time today, PLDT wireless unit Smart Communications (Smart) has fully restored mobile services in Catanduanes while services in almost all areas in Marinduque and Oriental Mindoro have been restored as well.
Smart sets up Libreng Tawag (free call) and Libreng Charge (free charging) stations in some areas hit by "Quinta"
PLDT and Smart continue to monitor the situation and undertake measures to address connectivity issues immediately.
Smart has set up Libreng Tawag (free call) and Libreng Charging (free charging) stations in the following areas to aid affected residents:
Libreng tawag and charging stations:
• Lobo Covered Court, Lobo, Batangas
• Brgy. Marfrancisco, Pinamalayan, Oriental Mindoro
• Bibincahan Brgy. Hall, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
• Brgy. San Miguel (in front of Boac Plaza), Boac, Marinduque
Libreng charging stations (Camarines Sur):
• San Isidro Brgy. Hall/Covered Court, Naga City
• Iriga City Grandstand (in front of Puregold), Poblacion, Iriga City
• Brgy. San Roque (along the road), Bula
The company has also provided communication support to Albay Public Safety and Emergency Management Office (APSEMO) and has been backing the Project Hotline platform to partner LGUs in affected areas. Project Hotline is a dedicated hotline solution that allows LGUs to send and receive community messages that are vital during times of calamity.
All these efforts are part of PLDT-Smart’s #SafeandSmart advocacy, which promotes preparedness and immediate response through network resilience, continuous availability of communication services, mobile solutions and activities, and relief assistance to help communities mitigate disaster risks.