Other Sites:

Full News

  • Advisories
  • SafePH

Smart Network Advisory: #NinaPH

by Smart Communications | Dec 28, 2016
SHARE
[28 Dec 2016] As of 12 noon today, Smart has restored its voice and SMS services in Virac, Catanduanes, one of the areas most affected by Typhoon Nina.

NinaPH
Shown in the photo is a Smart engineer preparing to load equipment on a C-130 aircraft at Villamor Airbase.

In Marinduque, Smart has restored its 3G coverage, providing mobile data to users in the area. Meanwhile, about 92% of Smart’s cell sites in the 15 affected provinces in South Luzon are operating, with teams of Smart engineers deployed to quickly restore the remaining 8%, particularly in the most affected areas in Catanduanes, Marinduque, Camarines Sur, and Albay.

While restoration efforts are underway, the PLDT Group continues to provide Libreng Tawag (LT) and Libreng Charging (LC) stations in the following areas:

ALBAY

  • (LT) Albay Public Safety and Emergency Management Office
  • (LC) PLDT Business Office, Rizal Street, Barangay Ilawod, Old Albay, Legazpi City
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Barangay Taisan, Legazpi City

 CAMARINES SUR 

  • (LC) Quick Trax Office, Naga City
  • (LT) Trader's Square Bldg., Naga City
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Concepcion-Pequeña, Naga City
  • (LC/LT) Omega Building, Pili, Camarines Sur

CATANDUANES

Smart has also deployed a roving Libreng Tawag and Libreng Charging unit with the Tulong Kapatid emergency relief team in Catanduanes.

MARINDUQUE

  • (LC/LT) Broadway Marketing Office, Boac, Marinduque
  • (LC) Digitel Business Office, Boac, Marinduque (near the Boac Municipal Building)
  • (LC) PLDT Business Office, Boac, Marinduque (near the Boac Municipal Building)
  • (LC) Broadway Marketing Office, Santa Cruz, Marinduque

QUEZON

  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Poblacion, Catanauan
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Poblacion, Mulanay
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Cadilit, Buenavista
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Poblacion, San Andres
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, San Francisco, Quezon
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Pidac, Gen. Luna
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Poblacion, Agdangan
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Sangirin, Perez
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. 4, Alabat
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. 3, Quezon
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Brgy. Pototanin, Pitogo
  • (LC) Smart cellsite, Poblacion, Macalelon

 SORSOGON

  • (LC/LT) LPMC Building, Sorsogon City


 

TAGS

  • communication as aid
  • SafePH
  • NinaPH

For media inquiries, contact:

Group Corporate Communications, Smart Communications, Inc.
8F Smart Tower 6799 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Philippines

corpcomm@smart.com.ph